Heightening E-Commerce Success: 2 of 2
For many e-commerce sites, abandoned shopping carts are a continual problem. According to a host of different studies, the average cart abandonment rate in the industry is a whopping 67.4%.
The reasons are many. A site visitor might recoil at the sudden appearance of a hidden charge at the end of the process. Delivery details might be sketchy. The lack of a phone number on the site could make someone iffy about following through. Or the checkout process might just be too lengthy.
Here are some tips on how to make your online buying path more streamlined and user-friendly, in the interest of getting more site visitors to complete their purchases.
- Keep checkout-page layouts as clean and uncluttered as possible.
- Limit your checkout process to maximum of 5 steps.
- Don’t require new customers to register and/or subscribe before buying.
- Make sure call-to-action and continuation buttons are clearly displayed.
- Include a progress bar to show customers where they are in the process.
- Find a way to reduce shipping costs to reduce late drop-offs.
- Offer several trusted payment options and feature them prominently.