In the fast-paced world of digital marketing, creating fresh and engaging content regularly can be a challenge. However, there's a strategy that can help you make the most of your existing content while saving time and resources: content repurposing.
Understanding Content Repurposing
Content repurposing is the practice of taking your existing content and adapting it into different formats or for various platforms. Instead of reinventing the wheel each time you need new content, you can leverage what you already have to reach a wider audience and extend the lifespan of your valuable material.
Benefits of Content Repurposing
- Efficiency: Repurposing content saves time and effort. Rather than creating entirely new content, you're building upon what you already have.
- Wider Reach: Different people prefer different types of content. Repurposing allows you to cater to a broader audience by providing content in various formats.
- Improved SEO: By repurposing content, you can target different keywords and improve your SEO. This can lead to better search engine rankings and increased organic traffic.
- Reinforce Messages: Repetition is a powerful tool in marketing. Repurposing content allows you to reinforce key messages and ideas.
Practical Tips for Content Repurposing
- Audit Your Content: Start by identifying your most popular and evergreen content. These are the pieces that are prime candidates for repurposing.
- Repurpose Across Formats: Convert blog posts into infographics, podcasts, videos, or webinars. A well-received blog post can become a series of engaging social media posts.
- Update and Refresh: Don't just copy and paste; update and refresh the content to ensure it's current and relevant. Add new statistics, examples, or insights.
- Create Content Pillars: Develop comprehensive content pillars around core topics. Each pillar can consist of various pieces of content, all interconnected.
- Leverage User-Generated Content: If you have user-generated content like customer reviews or testimonials, repurpose these into social media posts or case studies.
- Share on Different Platforms: Adapt your content to suit the platform you're sharing it on. What works on Instagram may not work on LinkedIn, so customize your content accordingly.
- Schedule Consistently: Create a content repurposing schedule to ensure you regularly revisit and refresh your content.
- Measure Results: Track the performance of your repurposed content. Use analytics to see what works best and refine your strategy accordingly.
To illustrate the power of content repurposing, let's look at a couple of real-life examples:
- Blog Post to Podcast: Convert a well-performing blog post into a podcast episode, adding commentary and interviews to provide a fresh perspective.
- Podcast to Blog Post: Summarize your podcast in a blog post. Point out highlights or create a transript of the audio.
- Infographic to Social Media: Turn an informative infographic into a series of social media posts, each highlighting a different statistic or fact from the original.
- Ebook to Webinar: Transform a comprehensive ebook into a webinar series, offering live Q&A sessions to engage your audience.
Content repurposing is a valuable strategy for digital marketers looking to make the most of their existing content assets. By repackaging and redistributing content in various forms, you can extend your reach, reinforce your message, and save time in the content creation process. Make content repurposing an integral part of your digital marketing strategy to achieve better results with less effort.